PUEBLO – Just before 6 a.m. Wednesday morning, Pueblo police officers responded to a motor vehicle theft on Hanson Lane.
According to PD, the owner of a ’91 Jeep Cherokee was “puffing” when an unknown person stole the vehicle.
An officer traveling on 4th St. located the vehicle near the intersection of Hudson Ave. The stolen vehicle was traveling in the opposite direction of the officer.
Before the officer could turn around, the suspect drove into oncoming traffic and collided with a vehicle near the intersection of E. 4th St. and Glendale Ave. The stolen vehicle sustained heavy damage in the crash.
The suspect, identified as 20-year-old Anthony Finley, ran from the scene but was caught after a short foot pursuit.
According to Pueblo PD, Finley was arrested on the following charges.
- First Degree Aggravated Motor Vehicle Theft
- First Degree Criminal Trespass
- Vehicular Eluding
- Criminal Possession of an Identification Document
- Criminal Possession of a Financial Transaction Device
- Two Counts of Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance (Amphetamine & Heroin)
- Failed to Remain at Scene of Accident Involving Property Damage
PD said Finley is believed to have been involved in at least five other motor vehicle thefts.