COLORADO SPRINGS – The University of Colorado Colorado Springs will be conducting lockdown drills in academic buildings starting Tuesday, Jan. 22. It’s the first time drills will take place on campus.
Information has already been sent to faculty, staff, and students. Additional messages will be distributed each day there is a drill, before the drill in the building, and after the drill ends. Those messages will confirm it is a drill, and signs will be posted in buildings to inform visitors.
The drills will not include simulated emergencies, such as active shooter situations, and police will not respond or sweep the buildings.
If an emergency takes place during a drill, there will be messages that it is not part of the exercise.
The drills are scheduled for:
- Jan. 22, 9:40 a.m. – University Hall
- Jan. 22, 1:50 p.m. – Columbine Hall
- Jan. 23, 9:40 a.m. – Centennial Hall
- Jan. 23, 1:50 p.m. – Dwire Hall
- Jan. 24, 9:40 a.m. – Osborne Center for Science and Engineering
- Jan. 24, 1:50 p.m. – Engineering and Applied Science Building
- Jan. 28, 2:00 p.m. – Ent Center for the Arts
- Feb. 8, 2:00 p.m. – Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences