LAS ANIMAS COUNTY – 6:45 p.m. Update: Pueblo/Fremont County has been restored. San Isabel still expects to have less than 500 meters out overnight system wide.
San Isabel’s next update will be at 11 a.m. on Thursday.
6 p.m. Update:
- Pueblo and Fremont County
- Power has been restored in Pueblo and Fremont Counties with the exception of members that live along Highway 165 from San Isabel to McKenzie Junction. Members in this area should plan on being without power overnight.
- Huerfano County
- Power has been restored to Huerfano County.
- If you are a member in Huerfano County and are experiencing an outage, please call 1-800-279-7432.
- Las Animas County
- Power has been restored in Las Animas County with the exception of Gulnare, Boncarbo and Spanish Peaks.
- The Gulnare, Boncarbo and Spanish Peaks outages are expected to extend throughout Wednesday night and into Thursday.
- Costilla County – power has been restored. If you are a member in Costilla County and experiencing an outage, please call 1-800-279-7432.
On Wednesday morning the San Isabel Electric Association said approximately 3,500 members were without electricity in Huerfano County, Las Animas County, Pueblo County and Costilla County following Wednesday’s heavy snow.
The San Isabel Electric Association said it is trying to restore power as quickly as possible, but it said members should be prepared for the outages to last into Thursday.
At one time, San Isabel said 4,000 members were affected Wednesday morning. In an earlier update on its Facebook page, the company said a main power line from La Veta to Trinidad was down from the snow, cutting off power to 1,300 meters.
One News 5 viewer reported as much as 18 inches at his home south of La Veta. The National Weather Service has reported as much as 16-17 inches of snow in the Spanish Peaks region.
In a news release sent to News 5, San Isabel Electric said it has requested outside resources to help restore power as quickly as possible.
The company said Las Animas County has the most reported outages. Huerfano County is experiencing a high number of scattered outages as well, with Pueblo County seeing the lowest number.
In addition to the outages on the east side of La Veta Pass, San Isabel Electric said outages are affecting the Forbes Park and Wagon Creek areas in Costilla County.
San Isabel Electric will provide another update at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.