COLORADO SPRINGS – The City of Colorado Springs is asking for your feedback about what the city can do to fight homelessness, HelpCOS and shape the future of the city.
To get everyone’s input, the city is hosting a series of six town hall meetings. Each of the town halls will be led by City Council President Richard Skorman and the City’s Homelessness Prevention and Response Coordinator Andy Phelps. Also attending will be other city council members, CSPD’s Homeless Outreach Team, the Salvation Army, the Springs Rescue Mission and representatives from the Pikes Peak Continuum of Care.
All the town halls are from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the following dates and locations.
- Thursday, Oct. 25- City Hall, 107 N. Nevada (Downtown related issues)
- Thursday, Nov. 15- Police Operations Center, 705 S. Nevada (Enforcement related)
- Wednesday, Nov. 28- Patty Jewett Golf Course, 900 East Espanola St.
- Wednesday, Dec. 5- Fire Station 8, 3737 Airport Rd.
- Thursday, Dec. 13- Westside Community Center, 1628 W. Bijou St.
You can also leave your feedback online through SpeakUp! COS. The deadline for public input is December 14.
The 2018-2019 Action Plan for Homelessness Response can be found here.