COLORADO – Happening today, crews will break ground on the long-awaited I-25 Gap Project alongside dignitaries and local elected officials.
Construction work won’t impact your commute just yet as September 4th is when road crews will be in the area between Monument and Denver.
Phase 1 will start this fall and go from Sky View Lane to Castle Rock.
Phase 2 will start in late 2018 and stretch from Monument all the way to Greenland Road south.
Phase 3 will start in summer 2019 from Greenland Road to Sky View Lane.
The project is expected to be complete in 2021. Right now, CDOT expects to fully implement the toll system in 2022.
CDOT also has a number of ways people interested in the project can receive updates:
- If you’d like email updates, email email@example.com.
- You can sign up for text alerts by texting ‘I25GAP’ to 21000.
- Call the construction hotline: 720-745-5434.
- Project website: www.i25gap.codot.gov.
- Facebook updates can be found on CDOT’s page: www.facebook.com/ColoradoDOT.
- Or, updates will be posted to CDOT’s Twitter page: www.twitter.com/ColoradoDOT.