Colorado Springs will honor our veterans this Saturday with the annual Veteran’s Day Parade starting at 10:00 a.m.
This years theme is ”100 years of Armistice.” Veteran’s Day was originally known as Armistice Day to mark the end of World War I in 1918.
This year’s event is expected to draw tens of thousands of people downtown.
The parade will begin at St. Vrain Street and travel down Tejon St. to end at the Pioneer’s Museum on Vermijo Avenue.
MORE INFORMATION at cosvetsparade.org
HANDICAPPED SPECTATOR PARKING
· On Bijou Street between Tejon Street & Nevada Avenue
· Handicapped spectators can sit in their car and watch the parade, or watch from outside of their vehicle (their option).
HANDICAPPED PARTICIPANT PARKING
· On Platte Avenue between Tejon Street and Nevada Avenue (close to the Acacia Park Apartments) for elderly and disabled veterans that are participating in the parade only.
· Meters will be hooded but handicapped participants will still be able to park.
· City parking garage at Nevada & Kiowa,
· City parking garage at Nevada & Colorado
· City parking garage at Cascade & Bijou
· Unhooded downtown parking meter