WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – A south Florida family is lucky to be alive after their four-month-old Whirlpool fridge exploded in their home, causing significant damage in several rooms.
Mark Ligondie was inside his room sleeping when he heard the loud bang
“The fridge, like, exploded and if you look at this angle right here it expanded and expanded so much it bent the metal of the stove,” Ligondie said.
The family said the explosion caused cracked ceilings and walls and a bedroom window was even shattered by the blast.
Luckily no one was hurt, and the fire department quickly showed up.
So far, no recall has been issued from Whirlpool.