Mother shocked to find metal in toddler’s gummy vitamins

Posted at 3:54 PM, Dec 16, 2018

KANSAS – A Kansas mother was shocked to find what she said were metal shavings in her toddler’s gummy vitamins.

The 3-year-old girl was taken to a hospital for x-rays, and though technicians didn’t find “large amounts,” they did find metal in the little girl’s intestines, mother Samantha Andersen toldFox 4 Kansas City.

The mother said she had been feeding her daughter Zarbee’s Naturals vitamins for years, and they were almost through their current bottle. She dumped the vitamins out on a plate and noticed what looked like metal shavings.

Andersen said her husband then retrieved a magnet, “and sure enough, the magnet picked them right up.”

“I fed these to her. I feel like I have failed,” said Andersen. “I feel terrible that this metal is in her stomach.”

Andersen wrote on Facebook that she contacted Zarbee’s Naturals and the company offered her coupons.

Fox 4 in Kansas City said they contacted the Food and Drug Administration and the organization said in a statement, “The FDA is aware and currently investigating the complaint.”

Zarbee’s Naturals, which announced last summer that it’s being acquired by Johnson & Johnson responded by saying: