The City of Manitou Springs will implement level one water restrictions starting May 1 due to drought conditions in the area and low snowpack.
Level one water restrictions means the following rules should be followed by those living in Manitou Springs.
- Outdoor watering is restricted to Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for even numbered addresses and Wednesdays Fridays and Sundays for odd-numbered addresses.
- Those living south of Manitou Avenue without an assigned street number should water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Those living to the north of Manitou Avenue without an assigned address should water on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- Outdoor watering is permitted for a maximum of two hours per day from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. or 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Watering should be limited to 20 minutes per zone or location
- Washing cars is allowed only with hoses equipped with a shut off valve. Unnecessary waste of water while washing a car is not allowed.
- Washing sidewalks, awnings, decks and the exterior portions of buildings is allowed with a hose equipped with a shut off valve. Unncessary waste of water is not allowed during this activity as well.
- Watering longer than allowed or at times not permitted is not allowed, except for the following
- Refilling ornamental pools, hot tubs and swimming pools
- Hand watering from a hose equipped with automatic shut off so long as it is attended
- Watering from a rain barrel or other collection device
- Unrestricted drip irrigation
The restrictions will remain in place until further notice and can only be rescinded via city council resolution.
CLICK HERE for a link to the city’s code regarding water restrictions.