COLORADO SPRINGS — Silver Key Senior Services needs donations to help provide low-income seniors with a Thanksgiving Day meal.
It's part of their annual "Bountiful Bags" food drive.
These are the items they're asking for:
- Cranberry Sauce (Whole Berry or Jellied, 14 or 16 oz. cans)
- Dessert Dry Mix or Canned Pie Filling
- Green Beans: 14.5 oz. cans
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Dry Stuffing/Dressing, 6 oz. boxes
- Turkey Gravy DryMix: 0.87 (7/8) oz. packets
- Potatoes: 29 oz. cans
Volunteers hope to provide at least 1,300 meals for elderly folks who are on their own.
Drop off your non perishable food items between October 1 and November 1 at the following locations:
- Silver Key Food Pantry: 1605 S. Murray Blvd. Office hours are Mon-Sat, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- The Promenade Shops at Briargate: 1885 Briargate Pkwy, Suite 503 (Drop off your donation at The Management Office, between Pottery Barn and Paper Source.) Office hours are Mon-Fri 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- King Soopers in Centennial Blvd: 3250 Centennial Blvd (Donations welcome during all hours of operation.)
- King Soopers Ridgeview Marketplace: 6030 Stetson Hills Blvd (Donations welcome during all hours of operation.)
- King Soopers Marketplace at Briargate: 9225 N Union Blvd (Donations welcome during all hours of operation.)
- Davidson Technologies: 7222 Commerce Center Drive #140 (This is the corner of Woodmen and west of I-25, across from Old Chicago and the Hampton Inn. Please enter on the west side of the building in the center glass doors.) Office hours are Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
You can also make a monetary donation to Bountiful Bags by sending a text message to the number "243725" with the keyword meals4seniors.
Alternatively, you can donate online by clicking here.