Snow levels through the morning will dip to 6,000 feet, possibly a little lower in the early morning, and here's how much more snow will fall.
At or above freezing pavement temperatures will keep most of the roads wet to slushy and push additional accumulation into the grass.
7:35 a.m. Light to moderate snow still falling through southern Colorado
Areas of light to moderate snow will continue to fall through the morning, only to become mixed with rain near lunchtime and dry out by the afternoon.
The heaviest snowfall will continue to fall through the Pikes Peak Region and Las Animas county out east near Kim along Highway 160.
7:25 a.m. - Maizeland/Academy still closed
A water main break over the weekend has Maizeland/Academy closed in all 4 directions of the intersection according to Colorado Springs Police. Please plan on an alternate route through Tuesday while crews work to fix the damage.
6:30 a.m. - Additional closings
- Colorado College will start 2 hours later than normal with staff on a 2-hour delay. The Children's Center will open at 10 a.m.
- Colorado Springs Housing Authority will open at 9:00 a.m. for non-essential staff
- Focus on the Family is conducting a remote work day
- New Life Church will open at 10 a.m.
5:12 a.m. - City of Manitou Springs
All Manitou Springs government offices are on a 2-hour delay (opening at 10AM). Emergency services and snowplowing operations will continue.
4:55 a.m. - Military facilities change report times
- Fort Carson - The Installation Commander at Fort Carson directed a 0900 work call for 22 March.
- Peterson-Schriever Garrison - Peterson AFB, Schriever AFB, Cheyenne Mountain AFS DELAYED REPORTING: Depart residence no earlier than 9:30 a.m. on Monday, March 22
- Pueblo Chemical Depot - 2 hrs late for non-mission-essential staff. Pueblo Chemical Depot will have a 2-hour delay in reporting status today for non-mission essential personnel.
- US Air Force Academy - U.S. Air Force Academy: 2 Hour Delay: For Monday, 22 March 2021, the Air Force Academy will be on a 2-hour delay for all non-mission essential personnel. The inclement weather Schedule of Calls with in-person classes with be in effect beginning at 0900. Employees should contact their supervisor with any questions regarding mission element- or office-specific operating status. Child Development Center will open at 0700 to accommodate mission essential personnel only and 0830 for all others. 10th Medical Group Services will be open at 0930 hrs. Please stay tuned for additional updates as they become available.
4:30 a.m. - City of Fountain on accident alert
The City of Fountain is on accident alert this morning due to winter weather road conditions. If you are involved in a traffic accident and there are no injuries, no suspected alcohol or drugs involved, both drivers are licensed and all vehicles involved are registered, please exchange information with the other party. Within 72 hours, please report it online at https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/csp/crash-information.
4:00 a.m. - Dangerous road conditions
Snow Sunday afternoon finally started to accumulate and stick to the roads overnight through Monday morning.
Here is an updated snowfall list from what fell Sunday night through early Monday morning. Feel free to email any additional pictures and emails to email@example.com
- Your latest First Alert 5 Weather Forecast
- School closing and delay list
- DIA Delays / FlyCOS Delays
- Watch News5 LIVE newscasts
Where to find News5: