Some school districts announced delayed starts across the area after a winter storm dropped several inches of snow on the northern part of El Paso County.
While the winter storm was weaker than expected, cold temperatures and slick road conditions exist in the northern part of the News5 viewing area after the storm.
You can find a current list of closures and delays below.
- Academy District 20 – 2 Hours Late
- Big Sandy SD – 2 Hours Late, No AM preschool
- Calhan RJ1 – 2 Hours Late, No AM preschool
- Cripple Creek-Victor – 2 Hours Late
- District 49 – 2 Hours Late. FHS will follow delay. SSAE on Virtual Learning Schedule
- Elizabeth School District – Closed
- Hanover 28 – 2 Hours Late, No AM preschool, No out-of-district transportation
- Elbert School District 200 – Closed
- Lewis-Palmer Dist. 38 – Closed
- Peyton 23JT – 2 hour late start. No AM Preschool, No Career Start (AVP), No School of Excellence
- Pueblo Dist. 70 – Only Beulah School 2 hour delay
- Woodland Park RE-2 – 2 Hours Late
Private & Charter Schools:
- Banning Lewis Acad. – 2 Hours Late
- Colorado Springs Early Colleges – 2 Hours Late. There will be no lunch service
- Corpus Christi Catholic School – 2 Hours Late
- Divine Redeemer Catholic School – 2 Hours Late
- Family of Christ: Part Day Classes 2hr Delay/Child Care Open at 6:30 a.m.
- Frontier Charter Academy – 2-hour delay
- James Irwin Charter Schools – 2 Hours Late. All campuses
- Lake George Charter School – 2 Hours Late, No AM preschool
- Monument Acad. Charter Sch. – Closed
- Pikes Peak Christian School – 10 AM Delayed Start
- Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning – 2 Hours Late, No AM kindergarten or preschool
- Primrose School of Springs Ranch – Opening at 6:30 a.m., normal schedule
- The University School – Opening at 10 am
- Fort Carson – Two-Hour Delay at Fort Carson for 11 April. Soldier report time is 9 a.m.
- U.S. Air Force Academy – 2 hrs late for non-mission-essential staff. 2-hour delay for non-mission essential personnel
- Schriever AFB: All personnel expected to report on time
- Falcon School-Based Health Center: 2 Hours Late
- Church For All Nations: SP15 starts at 10 am
- Every Home for Christ – 2 Hours Late. Building will open at 10 a.m.
- Mountain Springs Church – Offices are on 2-hour delay. No morning life groups
- Our Lady of the Pines Catholic Church – office opens 10 a.m.; Daily Mass at 12 p.m.
- Vista Grande Baptist Church – 2 Hours Late. AM preschool starts at 9:45 a.m.
- Air Academy Federal Credit Union – Air Force Academy branch opening at 10 a.m.
I-25: Conditions are slowly improving on I-25 between Monument and Denver. Plow crews are beginning to make some progress, but there have been crashes in the gap this morning. Plan extra time. Farther south, snow-covered parts of the interstate are possible south of Walsenburg. It’s clear from Pueblo to Colorado Springs.
Highway 24: Mostly clear from Woodland Park to Limon. Watch for icy spots, but traffic cameras along the route show clear conditions.
Highway 50: Highway 50 is mostly clear from Cañon City to La Junta. There are some icy patches east of La Junta, but it is mostly clear. High winds are possible east of Pueblo, so drive with extreme caution if driving a high-profile vehicle.
I-70: Eastbound lanes of I-70 are closed between Airpark Road in Aurora and the Kansas border. Westbound lanes are now open, but patches of low visibility are still possible.