SOUTHERN COLORADO – Icy side streets and bitter temperatures following Tuesday’s blizzard caused numerous schools around the region to delay or cancel classes Wednesday morning.
Conditions are expected to improve throughout the day on Wednesday, as highs are forecast to reach into the lower 40s and sunny skies will help melt some of the snow off of the roads.
Plows have been on full call out in Colorado Springs on the north and east sides of the city. The city said crews are primarily focusing on clearing primary routes, secondary routes and school zones.
The following schools are on a delay or are closed Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019:
- Academy District 20: 2 Hours Late
- Banning Lewis Acad.: 2 Hours Late
- Calhan RJ1: 2 Hours Late, No AM preschool, AM/PM Buses on snow routes. No AVP.
- Colorado Springs Christian Schools: Delayed Start
- Colorado Springs Early Colleges: 2 Hours Late
- District 49: 2 Hours Late. Springs Studio will be on a virtual schedule
- Ellicott 22: 2 Hours Late, No AM preschool. No buses for PPCC, IBSA , EPCA.
- Evangelical Christian Acad.: 2 Hours Late
- Every Home for Christ: 2 Hours Late
- Family of Christ: Part Day Classes 2hr Delay/Child Care Open at 630 a.m.
- La Veta Sch. Dist. RE-2: 2 Hours Late, No AM preschool
- Lewis-Palmer Dist. 38: 2 Hours Late
- Miami-Yoder Sch. Dist. JT-60: 2 Hours Late
- Monument Acad. Charter Sch.: 2 Hours Late, No AM kindergarten or preschool
- Peyton 23JT: Closed
- Pikes Peak Christian School: 10 AM Delayed Start
- Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning: 2 Hours Late, No AM kindergarten or preschool
- Pikes Peak BOCES East: 2 Hours Late
- The University School: Opening at 10 am
- Vista Grande Baptist Church: Opening at 10 a.m. Preschool delayed one hour.
- Falcon School-Based Health Center: 2 Hours Late
- Our Lady of the Pines Catholic Church: Office opens at 10am; Daily Mass at noon
- Pikes Peak Library Dist.: Monument Library will have a delayed opening of 11 a.m. and Palmer Lake Library will have a delayed opening of noon. All other locations will be open for regularly scheduled hours
You can always find the latest weather and traffic information from KOAA here: