COLORADO SPRINGS – Police have arrested a man they say is responsible for several robberies in December in Colorado Springs. Robert William Turner, a 21-year-old resident of the city, is charged with nine robberies between December 12 and December 31.
Investigators from the CSPD Robbery Unit and Tactical Enforcement Unit say Turner wore a mask and pointed a firearm at employees during robberies at convenience stores, liquor stores, and pharmacies.
He is accused of committing robberies at:
- 12/11/18 Alta Convenience 3945 Palmer Park Boulevard
- 12/11/18 Alta Convenience 2507 East Platte Avenue
- 12/12/18 7 Eleven 525 North Union Boulevard
- 12/12/18 Family Dollar Store 2507 East Platte Avenue
- 12/12/18 Lake Liquor 501 South Union Boulevard
- 12/23/18 Oddone’s Liquor 441 North Union Boulevard
- 12/24/18 Walgreens 3480 North Academy Boulevard
- 12/28/18 Walgreens 4305 East Platte Avenue
- 12/31/18 Walgreens 350 North Union Boulevard
Police say additional charges are pending, and the investigation is ongoing.
Turner is due in court on Thursday, Jan. 17, at 8:30 A.M. He is being held on $200,000 bond.