A quick-moving storm brought strong winds and blowing snow to southern Colorado Wednesday night into early Thursday morning, creating some slick conditions on the roads.
Accumulations were relatively low in the Colorado Springs area, however, a News 5 viewer in Rye reported that he received 7 inches of snow.
Several school districts in the area have decided to delay or cancel classes.
Full list of closures and delays:
- Banning Lewis Acad.: Closed
- Colorado Springs Early Colleges: 2 Hours Late
- District 49: Closed, No AM kindergarten. Falcon High School will be on an E-learning day schedule. After-school activities canceled unless you receive notification from your specific school.
- Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning: 2 Hours Late, No AM kindergarten or preschool
- Pueblo Dist. 70: Only Mountain Schools Closed
- Falcon School-Based Health Center: Closed
- Mountain Springs Church: 2 Hours Late. mountain springs church will be on 2 hr delay no morning groups