Colorado Springs fire crews were able to get a handle on an apartment fire Sunday morning. The apartment was in a home at 601 North Cascade Ave.
The News 5 crew at the scene says there were no injuries because of this fire. Emergency crews say the fire started... more »
The Colorado Springs Fire Department says the fire yesterday at the Camelot Apartments was caused by an electrical problem.
The fire forced the closure of Airport Road and the evacuation of several apartments.
Investigators have traced the start of the fire to a room fan that was sitting... more »
Colorado Springs fire crews quickly put out a fire Tuesday evening at an apartment in the 300 block of Hunter Drive.
One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. No word on how the person is doing tonight. more »
The man who died in a Redmond, Washington, apartment fire early Saturday morning was from the Colorado Springs area.
News First 5 has learned David Thompson, 32, and his four young sons, Tristan (12), David (6), Laviticus (4) and Wyatt (2), died in the fire at the Sammamish Ridge... more »
Pueblo Police Officer Rich Romero was back at work Tuesday, one day after pulling a 3-year-old boy from a burning home. Romero tells News First 5 he was on another call at Parkview Hospital Monday afternoon when he checked his computer and saw there was a fire very close to... more »
The Pueblo County Deputy Coroner has just confirmed to News First 5 that a little 3 year old boy pulled from a burning apartment this afternoon has died.
The little boy was hiding in a closet of the apartment on West 13st street when the fire started around 4... more »
Two fires in Colorado Springs over the weekend caused heavy damage, and injured residents and a firefighter--both have been blamed on careless smoking.
A fire at the Colony Hills Apartments injured three residents and a firefighter. It also damaged 13 apartments. The Colorado Springs Fire Department says the fire... more »
An early morning apartment fire got Mother's Day off to an unexpected start for many Springs families.
As residents at the Pine Crest Apartments in Colorado Springs waited for the flames to be put out, crews found that food left unattended on a stove top started the fire. Lt.... more »
2 Apartments were damaged by fire in Colorado Springs tonight. The fire broke out just before 7 p.m. at the Apollo Park Executive Suites on Circle drive.
Lt. Chriss Soppe says 25 firefighters reponded, because the apartment was hard to reach. Firefighters were able to get the fire out... more »