Quantcast

Fatal house fire in southern Colorado ruled accidental - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Fatal house fire in southern Colorado ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:

PUEBLO, Colo. (AP) - Investigators say a fatal house fire in southern Colorado was accidentally caused.

Pueblo Fire Department spokesman Erik Duran says the Jan. 30 blaze that killed 55-year-old Vickie Failing was caused by "smoking materials."

Fire Chief Shawn Shelton told The Pueblo Chieftain the home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. He says a dog was rescued, and Failing was found dead in the living room.

No other information was released.

Information from: The Pueblo Chieftain, http://www.chieftain.com

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly

© KOAA.com 2018, KOAA.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?