Quantcast

Propane explosion sparks fire in homeless camp - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Propane explosion sparks fire in homeless camp

Posted: Updated:
COLORADO SPRINGS -

Around 1:30 a.m. Thursday night, CSPD officers were sent to the wooded area just south of 100 W. Las Vegas Street to assist CSFD with a grass fire.

CSPD said their investigation revealed that a homeless camp was using a propane tank that exploded and started the fire.

The explosion caused the surrounding woods and several tents to catch fire.

One male was reported to have minor injuries consisting of burns to his face, arms, and chest.

He was transported to Memorial Hospital, where he was treated for his injuries.

WEATHER
Drive the Doppler
Powered by Frankly

© KOAA.com 2018, KOAA.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?