Quantcast

CSFD describes causes of two separate fires as "uncanny" - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

CSFD describes causes of two separate fires as "uncanny"

Posted: Updated:
COLORADO SPRINGS -

The Colorado Springs Fire Department said two separate apartment fires over the last month in Colorado Springs shared the same cause.

Firefighters said Monday's fire at the Centerpointe Apartments happened because the person who was moving in left a cardboard box on a stove top, while one of the burners was turned on.

Firefighters said the person likely accidentally bumped a switch, which turned the burner on. 

CSFD said the same incident happened in a separate fire in Colorado Springs in the last 30 days. That caused the department to remind people it's never a good idea never to place anything that's can catch fire on top of the stove.

The fire at Centerpointe resulted in 10 apartments having to be evacuated. One person suffered minor cuts while using a fire extinguisher.

No firefighters were hurt, and the fire was ruled accidental. 

WEATHER
Drive the Doppler
Powered by Frankly

© KOAA.com 2017, KOAA.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?