Quantcast

Steamboat holiday lights off after dog shocked - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Steamboat holiday lights off after dog shocked

Posted: Updated:
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS -

Steamboat Springs has pulled the plug on some holiday lights on its main street after a dog was shocked.

The current from lights wrapped around a tree on busy Lincoln Avenue shocked the dog while it was standing on a metal grate below. The city says the dog wasn't hurt.

General services director Anne Small told the Steamboat Pilot that the city wanted to add some more grounding to the system used to light the trees along the street but many of the conduits were crushed during road construction a few years ago. The city hopes to have the problem fixed by next year's holiday season.

In the meantime, large snowflake-shaped lights hung above the street are still being used because they run on a separate electric system.

Powered by Frankly

© KOAA.com 2017, KOAA.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?