NOTE: Game is divided into 'weeks' (rounds). You must enter the neighborhood names for the corresponding week it was announced in. Once the week expires, you will no longer be able to enter the name.
The weeks are broken down as follows:
04/24/2013 4:00:00 AM
04/29/2013 2:59:59 AM
04/29/2013 4:00:00 AM
05/06/2013 2:59:59 AM
05/06/2013 4:00:00 AM
05/13/2013 2:59:59 AM
05/13/2013 4:00:00 AM
05/20/2013 2:59:59 AM
05/20/2013 4:00:00 AM
05/23/2013 6:59:59 PM
(Also, there is no need to enter a date or time for a newscast)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
KOAA 5/Neighborhood Name Game CONTEST
EXPLANATION OF CONTEST RULES: disclosure of material terms of the contest rules over the air and online.
1. The KOAA 5/Neighborhood Name Game Contest ("the Contest") is a contest sponsored by KOAA 5 and Heuberger Motors and Loaf N Jug (hereinafter "Sponsor") and subject to these Official Contest Rules.
2. No purchase is necessary. To enter the Contest, fill out the registration form on our website, www.koaa.com on the contest page. Contestants can register from 4/25/13through 5/21/13.
3. How to enter or participate;
• Contestants will view KOAA 5 newscasts to learn the key word for each individual program. Contestants will then login to KOAA.com/contests and enter keyword to be entered into gas card drawing. Contestants who enter correct keyword will be entered into grand prize drawing. Winners of the gas card will be announced the following day in the same newscast as keyword given prior day.
4. Eligibility restrictions (e.g., age, residence, geographic scope, etc.);
• Contestants must be at least twenty-one (21) years old, have a valid driver's license and must be a legal resident of Colorado to participate. Contestants must have proof of citizenship (passport or state issued birth certificate along with a photo ID).
5. One hundred sixty four (164) winners will be selected, seven (7) selected Monday-Friday, three (3) selected Saturday and Sunday . Each winner will receive a fifty dollar gift card to Loaf N Jug. The winners will be contacted by phone and/or email. Contact KOAA 5 at 719-632-5030 to arrange to pick up of gas card. One winner will be randomly selected from the keyword entries in winning a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i. Prize winner will be selected 5-22-2012. Car is valued at approximately $22,790. Prizes guaranteed to be awarded. All valuations are based upon manufacturer's suggested retail price. Sponsor may not have the car in stock. Vehicle may be subject to order from manufacturer upon completion of the contest based on dealer stock.
6. The odds of winning the gas cards and the Subaru Crosstrek depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winning contestants for the gas card drawing selected Monday- Sunday. The grand prize vehicle will be drawn on May 22nd, 2013.
8. In the event a winning contestant declines the prize the runner up winner will be selected and granted the prize.
1. Contestants must be at least twenty-one (21) years old, have a valid driver's license and must be a resident of the United States to participate. Contestants must have proof of citizenship (passport or state issued birth certificate along with a photo ID).
2. Illegible or incomplete entry forms will be discarded.
3. The winners will be announced on KOAA news programs. Winner may call KOAA 5 to claim the prize if they learn their name has been drawn as set out in paragraph 3 above. Neither KOAA 5 nor Sponsors shall have any responsibility for failure to claim any prize based on mechanical or printing errors, or allegations of telephone difficulties.
4. As a condition to being eligible to enter the Contest, or to receive any prize, all Contestants are by their entries submitted, subject to the terms of these Official Contest Rules as well as the statements contained in the entry form itself. As a condition to being awarded the grand prize, the winners must execute a written release of KOAA 5 and Sponsors from any and all liability arising out of participation in the Contest and receipt and use of the prizes. (See "Agreements & Releases" below.)
5. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, levied on the receipt of the prizes shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes are not transferable to third parties nor can they be resold, exchanged, or redeemable for cash.
6. All decisions of KOAA 5 and Sponsors are final.
7. Determination of the eligibility and acceptability of all entries, Contestants and winner(s) are in the sole discretion of KOAA 5 and the Sponsors and are final.
8. Winners must show proof of identification, including social security number, and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release.
9. Contestants are subject to and will follow, adhere to and obey the instructions and rules contained in these Official Contest Rules, and such other rules and regulations as may be established from time to time by KOAA 5 and the Sponsors. KOAA 5 and Sponsors reserve the right to change the rules and/or discontinue this contest at any time without prior notice.
10. No Contestant and no member of the Contestant's immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, children) or household members (whether related or not) shall be employees, officers, directors, representatives or agents of KOAA 5, Sponsors or of any other contractor or sponsor associated with this contest.
11. All Contestants shall abide by, follow and adhere to the decency rules established by the FCC and by KOAA 5 and the Sponsors and shall not have been convicted of a felony of any kind.
12. Contestants are not, nor shall he or she for any purposes be considered, an employee of KOAA 5 or Sponsors, nor have any such opportunities been offered or promised to the Contestant, and participation in the Contest shall not be construed in any manner to constitute any offer of any such opportunities. The Contestants are not eligible for any benefits of any kind from KOAA 5 or Sponsors of any nature whatsoever by virtue of his or her participation in the Contest.
AGREEMENTS & RELEASES
1. Contestant hereby consents to the broadcasting, publicizing use and reuse by KOAA 5 and Sponsors, each of their parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, general or limited partners and their current and former directors, officers, shareholders, members, managers, agents, insurers, attorneys and employees, each of their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and their heirs, executors, administrators, estates, personal representatives, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, (collectively "Releasees") of Contestant's voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, and any information contained in Contestant's application to be a contestant in the Contest (collectively "Likeness") as edited, altered, or modified by the Releasees, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Contest. Contestant agrees the Releasees may use all or any part of Contestant's Likeness, and may alter or modify it regardless of whether or not Contestant is recognizable. Contestant further agrees that KOAA 5 may use Contestant's Likeness and the materials in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement for the Contest. Contestant grants the rights hereunder whether or not Contestant is selected to participate in the Contest in any manner whatsoever and whether Contestant is the winner of any prize. Contestant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, actions, lawsuits, liabilities and expenses arising out of or relating to its use of Contestant's Likeness. Contestant agrees not to make any claim against Releasees as a result of his or her submission of an entry in the Contest or the use of Contestant's Likeness (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity). Contestant understands that Contestant will not be paid any money for giving Releasees these rights, or for signing this Agreement. This Release shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, assigns, trustees and administrators of the undersigned.
2. The Contestant shall and does hereby release, indemnify, hold harmless and discharge KOAA 5 and Sponsors, each of their parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, general or limited partners and their current and former directors, officers, shareholders, members, managers, agents, insurers, attorneys and employees, each of their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and their heirs, executors, administrators, estates, personal representatives, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, (any or all of the preceding a "Related Party(ies)) from any and all claims, causes of action, suits, liabilities, debts, obligations, rights, costs, expenses, damages and controversies of any nature or cause whatsoever ("Claims"), from the beginning of recorded time to the date hereof, including, but not limited to, those Claims arising out of or related to the Contestant's participation in the Contest, that the Contestant, his or her successors, assigns, heirs, personal representatives, parents, legal guardians, agents and attorneys, have, ever had, or hereafter may have against KOAA 5 or Sponsors, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, suspected or unsuspected, and whether caused or contributed to by KOAA 5 or Sponsors. This Release shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, trustees and administrators of the undersigned.
Contestant hereby acknowledges that: (i) I have read the previous paragraphs of this document carefully, understand it and have been given the answers to any questions I might have had; (ii) I have honestly and accurately completed the application provided to me; (iii) I will immediately inform KOAA 5 and the Sponsors if any information I have provided becomes false or incomplete; (iv) if any of the above information is found to be false or incomplete, it will be grounds for dismissal at any time from the Contest selection or prize-winning opportunity process; (v) even if I meet the above eligibility requirements, KOAA 5 and the Sponsors have no obligation to consider my entry or award me any prize, same interview me, and/or select me as a contestant; (vi) even if I am selected as a contestant, or even if I am the winner of any prize, KOAA 5 has no obligation to conduct the Contest or to broadcast or otherwise display my Likeness, even if the Contest is conducted; (vii) all decisions by KOAA 5 concerning selection of the contestants are final and not subject to challenge or appeal; and (viii) KOAA 5 has no obligation to return any materials submitted by me whether or not I am selected as a contestant or if I win any kind of prize.
I have read the foregoing, understand the Explanation of Contest Rules, Conditions and Agreements & Releases and hereby agree to all of the terms and conditions as set forth above in consideration of making application to be a contestant in the KOAA 5/Neighborhood Name Game Contest.