The Pikes Peak Workforce Center, in conjunction with the Tri-county Workforce Center, has announced a research and planning grant of $75,000 from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment. The grant will assess how the workforce system can help develop programs to serve the aerospace industry.
This grant is a statewide initiative and will be used to:
- Document the workforce issues and challenges facing the aerospace industry
- Identify the appropriate role the workforce system can play to help Aaerospace remain a competitive industry in Colorado
- Determine the training needs of the aerospace industry to retain and create new jobs
- Develop specific training and certification programs that can be implemented across the state
- Improve the workforce system communication infrastructure to address industry-sector workforce needs across Colorado