Nov 29, 2012 12:31 AM by Eric Ross
COLORADO SPRINGS- Residents flocked to local gas stations and convenience stores Wednesday, hoping to cash in big on the $550 million jackpot up for grabs.
Although there wasn't a mad rush toward the end of the day like some stores were projecting, customer service clerks were busier than normal.
The Shell gas station off 8th and Rio Grande says they sold more than $4,500 in tickets Wednesday.
If you didn't win, you shouldn't feel too bad!
According to NBC News, you have a better chance of experiencing the following scenarios before striking gold:
1) You're more likely to die in a pedestrian accident than win the jackpot.
2) You have a better chance of being drafted in the NBA right out of college.
3) The odds of dying in an airplane are 1 in 7,168.
4) You have a greater possibility of making it in Hollywood as a movie star.
5) You have a greater chance of getting attacked by a shark.
The odds of winning Wednesday's jackpot were 1 in 176 million.
If nobody wins this round, another drawing will be held Saturday.
35 minutes ago