Colorado

Jan 8, 2010 8:33 AM by Associated Press

USB cable shock suspected in Colorado toddler's injuries

A Longmont toddler is hospitalized after apparently being shocked by a USB cable connected to a laptop computer.

Jeffrey Anderson says his granddaughter Trinity Anderson was playing at the feet of a recliner Monday while her mother, Rhianna Anderson, sat in the chair and used her computer.

When Rhianna Anderson looked down, she saw Trinity's body was limp. Beside her was a USB cable, with one end plugged into the laptop. The family suspects Trinity put the cable in her mouth. There are pieces of burnt flesh in the prongs of the cable.

Trinity is hospitalized in Aurora with third-degree burns on her tongue, palate and lips.

Jeffrey Anderson says the family is talking publicly about what happened to alert other families.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

10 hours ago

Playing Dodgeball with Showers

Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms have developed across southern Colorado Saturday afternoon. The chance for rain will remain in the forecast...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4