Fire

Nov 30, 2010 5:26 PM by Greg Boyce

Update: Smoke damaged daycare to remain closed

A Pueblo West daycare is shut down after a fire started this morning in a clothes dryer.  The fire started around 10 a.m. at Children's Palace on Spaulding just east of Purcell.

Fire damage was contained in the laundry room, but the whole building was filled with smoke.  It is believed a dryer caught fire.  A witness reported seeing smoke pouring out of one of the roof vents.

Fifty children and 11 employees were quickly able to evacuate the building.  The children were moved around the corner to Snap Fitness.  The daycare will not be able to open until it can be cleaned up and inspected by the state health department.

 

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4