Aug 24, 2011 7:51 PM by Andy Koen
About 30 people in Colorado Springs have homeless for the past four days after the electricity at their apartment was shut off over safety concerns.
Colorado Springs Fire Department spokeswoman Sunny Smaldino says the wiring in Beverly Apartments at 23 N. Wasatch Avenue hasn't been updated since the building was first built during the 1920's. Investigators found on Saturday night that the wires were heating to unsafe levels.
The Red Cross provided and emergency shelter for the tenants until Tuesday. At that point Catholic Charities stepped in to provide temporary housing for 14 of them. The rest had made temporary living arrangements with friends and relatives.