Dec 24, 2010 1:59 PM by Greg Boyce
Two mobile homes were destroyed at a trailer park at 31st and Colfax in Pueblo overnight.
The Fire Department got the call around 1:30 this morning. Flames destroyed one of the trailers and then spread to the one next door. Neighbors reported flames 25 feet in the air. At one point a natural gas line ruptured, causing even more problems.
Four people -- two from each unit -- are now without homes. The Fire Department believes it started with a smoldering cigarette in a couch on the porch of one of the trailers.
One woman got out by herself, but was taken to the hospital with cuts and burns. A man was rescued by a neighbor who broke out a window and pulled him through.
A dog and a cat in one of the trailers were killed.
6 minutes ago