Fire

Dec 24, 2010 1:59 PM by Greg Boyce

Two mobile homes destroyed by fire

Two mobile homes were destroyed at a trailer park at 31st and Colfax in Pueblo overnight.

The Fire Department got the call around 1:30 this morning.  Flames destroyed one of the trailers and then spread to the one next door.  Neighbors reported flames 25 feet in the air. At one point a natural gas line ruptured, causing even more problems.

Four people -- two from each unit -- are now without homes.  The Fire Department believes it started with a smoldering cigarette in a couch on the porch of one of the trailers. 

One woman got out by herself, but was taken to the hospital with cuts and burns.  A man was rescued by a neighbor who broke out a window and pulled him through.

A dog and a cat in one of the trailers were killed.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

3 hours ago

Water Spigot Closing

The water spigot that has been turned on for parts of southern Colorado over the weekend will begin to shut for the...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4