National

Dec 28, 2012 12:00 PM by Lauren Molenburg

Toledo family died from carbon monoxide poisoning

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say none of the five people found dead in a parked car in a Toledo garage last month had drugs in their system.

The (Toledo) Blade (http://bit.ly/V5YcBo) reports that the coroner's office has listed the official cause of the death for all as carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two adults - 56-year-old Sandy Ford and 32-year-old Andy Ford - and three children, ages 5, 7 and 10, died in what police believe was a murder suicide. Their bodies were found in the back seat of the car in a garage Nov. 12.

Notes indicate the children's grandmother, Sandy Ford, and Andy Ford, their uncle, planned to kill themselves and the children.

Family members and investigators believe it may have stemmed from a disagreement over where the children should live.

Information from: The Blade, http://www.toledoblade.com/

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4