Jul 5, 2011 11:28 PM by John Romero
Here's a quick list of safety tips from Kidpower of Colorado Springs to keep your kids safe this summer. They encourage you to take the time to go over these tips with your child.
WHEN KIDS ARE ON THEIR OWN, TEACH THEM TO:
- Be and act aware.
- Trust their intuition if they sense danger.
- Know that a stranger is simply somebody you don't know and a stranger can look like anybody.
- Make noise, run and get help if they are in trouble.
FOLLOW THESE SAFETY RULES WITH STRANGERS:
- Keep a safe distance.
- Check first before talking with a stranger. If the child is old enough to talk to a stranger, keep a safe distance and don't give personal information.
- Don't take anything from strangers, not even the child's own belongings.
- Don't go anywhere with anyone without checking with the adult in charge.