News

Aug 24, 2012 9:23 AM by Craig Eliot

Storms possible today for cyclists & Fair-goers

TODAY: More showers and thunderstorms likely later today. Just before lunch there will be more storms over the mountains...they will then move east to the Front Range and then the eastern plains. Storms are expected again over the higher elevations with chances at the lower elevations at about 30-40%. By the time racers in the USA Pro Cycling Challenge arrive in downtown Colorado Springs about 3:30 the temps should about 77 degrees with a 30% chance of storms. At the same time at the State Fair in Pueblo temps will be about 10 degrees warmer with a 30% chance of storms as well. Some of the thundershowers will have the chance to drop some heavy rain at times.

TONIGHT: Chance of storms possible early in the evening, but as drier air moves into the state we'll see skies beginning to clear overnight with temps dropping into the upper 50's in the Springs and Pueblo and lower 50's at the U.S. Air Force Academy. Temps in Teller County will be chilly...in the upper 40's.

SATURDAY-SUNDAY: That drier air mentioned above means that skies will be drier and sunnier for your weekend. Temps around 80 both days in the Springs and the upper 80's and lower 90's in Pueblo for what sounds like a really nice weekend at the State Fair.

MONDAY-THURSDAY: Thanks to a ridge of high pressure around the region it looks like the weather will be staying dry and very warm at the lower elevations. Temps will warm into the upper 80's in the Springs and lower to middle 90's in Pueblo! There will still be enough moisture over the mountains each afternoon for at least a couple of storms, but the chance is still only about 20%.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos