Oct 23, 2009 2:16 PM by Bea Karnes

Some military members will get thousands in bonuses

If you're in the military, you could be in line for a nice bonus. The Defense Department announced Friday that it will make retroactive Stop Loss payments.

Active, reserve and former service members who had their enlistment extended or retirement suspended due to Stop Loss are eligible for the special pay, if they served on active duty between Sept. 11, 2001 and Sept. 30, 2009.

You'll receive a payment of $500 per month for each month (or any portion of a month) that you remained on active duty due to Stop Loss. Applicants for retroactive pay who are no longer in the military had to be honorably discharged. There are special rules for those who were Stop Lossed in fiscal year 2009.

Click below on your service for more information:


Air Force


Navy - email:





»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4