Weather - Forecast

Apr 2, 2013 9:36 AM by Stephen Bowers

Snow invades tonight

Storm Update: A spring storm system is set to bring wintry weather to much of Southern Colorado beginning late Tuesday and continuing into early Wednesday morning. Rain and snow, potentially mixed with freezing rain, could begin as early as noon in higher elevations from Teller County to western Fremont County. Throughout the afternoon, the snow increases west of Interstate 25 and spreads east to the I-25 corridor this evening. Overnight the snow continues to expand across the Southeastern Plains. By sunrise Wednesday, most of the snow will be done, though some could linger in parts of Baca, Prowers, Bent, and Las Animas Counties. Even though snow should end before the Wednesday morning commute, the morning drive could be icy in spots.

Snow Totals: Snow totals will likely be no more than 1-3" for most areas along and east of I-25, including Colorado Springs, Pueblo, La Junta, and Springfield. In the Ramparts, Wets, and Sangres the snow could pile up to 3-6" with 8" in spots. 

Your Forecast: 

Today: Colorado Springs will be cloudy & breezy with rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain or snow, late this afternoon. The high will be near 40. Pueblo will be cloudy & breezy with cold rain late. The high will be near 43. Canon City will be cloudy & breezy with cold rain possibly mixed with freezing rain late. The high will be near 44. Teller County will be cloudy and breezy with snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain at times, late. The high will be near 36.

Tonight: Colorado Springs will be cloudy and breezy with snow. The low will be near 28. Pueblo will be cloudy and breezy with snow. The low will be near 30. Canon City will be cloudy and breezy with rain early changing to snow. The low will be near 30. Teller County will be cloudy and windy with heavy snow. The low will be near 25.

Wednesday: Colorado Springs will become partly sunny after early morning snow ends. The afternoon high will be near 50. The overnight low will be near 32. Pueblo will become partly snow after morning snow. The afternoon high will be near 59. The overnight low will be near 30. Canon City will be partly cloudy after morning snow ends. The afternoon high will be near 58. The overnight low will be near 32. Teller County will be mostly cloudy after morning snow. The afternoon high will be near 45. The overnight low will be near 30.

Thursday: Colorado Springs will be mostly sunny. The afternoon high will be near 62. The overnight low will be near 35. Pueblo will be mostly sunny. The afternoon high will be near 71. The overnight low will be near 35. Canon City will be mostly sunny. The afternoon high will be near 69. The overnight low will be near 40. Teller County will be partly cloudy. The afternoon high will be near 53. The overnight low will be near 33. 

Friday: Colorado Springs will be partly cloudy. The afternoon high will be near 69. The overnight low will be near 40. Pueblo will be partly cloudy. The afternoon high will be near 76. The overnight low will be near 38. Canon City will be partly cloudy. The afternoon high will be near 73. The overnight low will be near 42. Teller County will be mostly cloudy with a slight chance for rain or snow in higher elevations. The afternoon high will be near 58. The overnight low will be near 34.

Saturday: Colorado Springs will be mostly cloudy with a 20% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 65. The overnight low will be near 38. Pueblo will be mostly cloudy with a 20% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 70. The overnight low will be near 35. Canon City will be mostly cloudy with a 20% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 70. The overnight low will be near 39. Teller County will be mostly cloudy with a 20% chance for rain, or evening snow, showers. The afternoon high will be near 58. The overnight low will be 30.

Sunday: Colorado Springs will be mostly cloudy with a 30% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 57. The overnight low will be near 33. Pueblo will be mostly cloudy with a 30% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 66. The overnight low will be near 37. Canon City will be mostly cloudy with a 30% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 67. The overnight low will be near 42. Teller County will be mostly cloudy with a 40% chance for rain, or evening snow, showers. The afternoon high will be near 51. The overnight low will be near 29.

Monday: Colorado Springs will be mostly cloudy with a 40% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 59. The overnight low will be near 33. Pueblo will be mostly cloudy with a 40% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 61. The overnight low will be near 34. Canon City will be mostly cloudy with a 40% chance for rain showers. The afternoon high will be near 63. The overnight low will be near 39. Teller County will be cloudy with a 50% chance for rain or snow showers. The afternoon high will be near 46. The afternoon high will be near 27.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4