Posted: Feb 24, 2010 2:49 PM by Bea Karnes, News First 5
Updated: Feb 24, 2010 2:49 PM
Investigators say a man suspected of shooting and wounding two students outside a suburban Denver school had entered and left the building on his own earlier that day, without being told by school officials to go.
Jefferson County investigators say 32-year-old Bruco Strong Eagle Eastwood signed in at a reception desk before the Tuesday shootings and indicated he was a former student.
The statement says, "He was not asked to leave."
It's not clear when he did leave. School officials say Eastwood first entered the building at about noon, some three hours before the shootings.
One of the wounded students was treated and released. The mother of the other victim says he's "doing well" in a hospital.
Eastwood is being held on two counts of attempted first-degree murder. Bail has been set at $1 million cash.