A Sexually Violent Predator on unsupervised release has moved to Colorado Springs, the police department announced Monday.
Sgt. Steve Noblitt, CSPD Public Information Officer says Robert Lee Myers has been convicted attempted sexual assault of a child by a person in a position of trust.
Myers is living in the 2600 block of E. Willamette Ave.
The CSPD has made the following notifications:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Myers' residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Myers' status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: Robert Lee Myers SVP video
- The Police Department will also insure that Myers registers as a sex offender and understands his responsibilities as such.
Myers is one of one nine Sexually Violent Predators registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department.