Posted: Jan 4, 2012 3:04 PM
White Truffle Mac & Cheese
• Butter, for greasing dish(nonstick pan spray may also be used)
• 1 lb Penne pasta
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 2 1/2 cups whole milk
• 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for pasta water
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 lb grated White Cheddar
• ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Parsley
• 2 ounces White Truffle Oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse.
While the pasta is cooking whisk the cream, milk, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl to blend. Stir in ½ of the white cheddar, Parmesan, parsley and truffle oil. Add the noodles and toss to coat. Transfer ½ of the noodle mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle1/2 of the cheddar cheese over the noodle mixture and repeat to form two layers. Bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheese melts and begins to brown on top, about 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.