Posted: Dec 12, 2012 11:18 AM
Savage Kitchen - Cliff House
Mint Bread Pudding
1 Cup chopped fresh mint
2oz Crème de Minth
½ Pound bread, cut into cubes
¼ Cup powder sugar
4 Whole eggs
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/2 Quart Heavy cream
1. Cut each slice of bread in small cubes and put in a large bowl.
2. Flame off Crème de Minth
3. In a separate bowl combine eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, liquor and mint and mix thoroughly. Add the cream, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, and let stand in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
5. Pour the bread mixture Into a greased 9x13 pan.
6. Preheat oven to 350º F.
7. Set the pan inside of a larger pan containing at least 1 inch of warm water.
8. Bake in oven about 1 hour or until fully set.
9. Cool pudding, cut into desired shape.