Jan 11, 2012 1:25 PM
Golden Raisin Bread Pudding
1 Cup Golden Raisins
1/2 Pound bread, in thin slices
¼ Cup powder sugar
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Quart heavy cream
2oz Orange liquor (Gran Gala)
Optional: Cinnamon and Nutmeg to Taste
1. Cut each slice of bread in small cubes and put in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and raisins and mix thoroughly. Add the cream, and mix until thoroughly incorporated. (If using spices, add to egg mixture)
3. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, and let stand in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
4. Pour the bread mixture Into a greased 9x13 pan.
5. Preheat oven to 350º F.
6. Set the pan inside of a larger pan containing at least 1 inch of warm water.
7. Bake in oven about 1 hour or until fully set.
8. Cool pudding, cut into desired shape.