Posted: Aug 24, 2011 6:25 AM by Kate Richards
Updated: Aug 24, 2011 6:26 AM
Colorado Springs code inspectors have ordered 21 renters to leave their apartments after they found electric code violations.
Firefighters said the 86-year-old Beverly Apartments still have the original wiring from when it was built in 1925.
According to the Colorado Springs Gazette, firefighters turned off power after finding hot spots in the wall from overheating wires. They said renters will not be allowed to return until the problems are fixed.