News

Jan 23, 2012 3:18 PM by Kirsten Bennett

Pueblo home fire likely spread from fireplace

A Pueblo family is displaced this evening after a fire started inside their home.

Pueblo fire officials are investigating the cause, but believe the fire started in the fireplace and spread up the chimney to the attic. We are told there is a considerable amount of damage to the home, estimated at $20,000. That estimate could climb as crews continue their investigation.

We are told two people were inside the home at the time; both were able to get out okay and no firefighters were injured.

Woody Percival of the Pueblo Fire Department says the homeowners hadn't use their fireplace in years and is reminding everyone to have their chimneys checked yearly.

 

-Photo courtesy: Lacey Lanz-Nixon

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4