News

Dec 18, 2012 8:59 PM by David Ortiviz

Pueblo couple loses home in quick-moving fire

An elderly couple is displaced after a fire spread quickly thorough their home on the southside of Pueblo. The Pueblo Fire Department says the home, located on the 2100 block of Ridgewood, is a total loss.

The fire started shortly after Noon in the garage, next to the home. Firefighters say a man and his grandson were working on a car when it caught fire and quickly spread into the house.

"It was a defensive fire from the beginning. We tried to go inside initially and the ceiling came down in one of the rooms so we backed off and just fought it from the outside of the building," said Shawn Shelter, Assistant Fire Chief.

Firefighters say a neighbor was taken to the hospital after breathing in a lot of smoke. They say no one was seriously injured.

The homeowner tells us he and his wife have lived there for many years. They have insurance and will be staying with family.

(Photo courtesy Richard Parker)

 

»Comments

More News

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

3 minutes ago

Playing Dodgeball with Showers

Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms have developed across southern Colorado Saturday afternoon. The chance for rain will remain in the forecast...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4