Colorado

Jan 11, 2010 1:07 PM by Bea Karnes, News First 5

Pueblo businesses evacuated by gas leak

A few businesses on Pueblo's northside were evacuated for a time Monday morning after Black Hills Energy hit a gas line. Natural gas was smelled in the Big O Tire Store and Burger King, so those businesses were evacuated.

The gas pumps for Sam's Club are adjacent to those businesses, so they were shut down as a precaution. Shutting off the pumps caused the fire alarm to go off in Sam's Club.  The store was not officially evacuated, although some people left on their own.

The one-and-a-quarter inch gas line has been shut off and repairs are underway.

No one was injured.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4