Nov 30, 2009 1:24 PM by Associated Press
A publicist for the couple that crashed a White House state dinner denies they are "shopping" any interviews or demanding money from television networks to tell their story.
In an e-mailed statement Monday, publicist Mahogany Jones said the allegations are false and demanded that "this adverse, inaccurate information cease immediately." Jones said Michaele and Tareq Salahi are not making any formal comments or arrangements to speak with the media.
An appearance previously scheduled for Monday night on CNN's "Larry King Live" has been canceled.
A TV executive who spoke on condition of anonymity had told The Associated Press that the couple's representatives had urged networks to "get their bids in" for an interview.