Jul 12, 2013 11:02 PM by Kirsten Bennett, Information from Gazette
The Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance is hoping a new program will show local civilian employees under mandatory furlough their appreciation.
Our news partners at the Gazette report eight businesses are offering discounts to furloughed workers. To take part, you must show your "common access card."
The program runs through the 11 weeks that furloughs are in place.
- Flatiron's American Bar & Grill, 2540 Tenderfoot Hill Street, 20 percent off food purchases
- Jack Quinn's Irish Pub & Restaurant, 21 S. Tejon Street, 15 percent off food purchases
- Jose Muldoon's, 222 N. Tejon Street and 5710 S. Carefree Circle, 20 percent off food purchases
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, 2431 W. Colorado Ave., 1710 Briargate Blvd. and 1016 Citadel Drive E., 10 percent off purchases
- Afassco of Colorado, 1911 Copley Road, 10 percent off purchases
- Canon National Bank, 3204 W. Colorado Ave., 518 N. Chelton Rd., discount on appraisals, up to $400
- Holiday Inn Express, Air Force Academy location, 20 percent of best available rate
- U-Save Car and Truck Rental, 3707 Drennan Rd., 232 N. Circle Drive, 10 percent off quoted rentals
For more on the program, CLICK HERE.