News

Aug 5, 2011 8:39 AM by Trovette Tottress

Pitkin attorneys want monoxide case dismissed

ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Pitkin County attorneys say someone may have altered a boiler for a snowmelt system after permits were issued for an Aspen-area home where a Denver family of four died from carbon monoxide poisoning. In a motion seeking to have a lawsuit over the deaths dismissed, attorneys defending building inspectors argue they never saw the results of the possible alteration to the system after permits were issued.
The charges were a result of the fatalities of Caroline Lofgren, her husband, Parker, and their two children, Owen and Sophie in 2008.
Investigators said a disconnected exhaust pipe leaked the odorless gas into the house. According to the Aspen Daily News (http://bit.ly/pxA5hR), a
federal judge will hear arguments on Tuesday in Denver.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4