National

Jul 18, 2013 12:59 AM by Kirsten Bennett

Ohio kidnapping, rape suspect pleads not guilty

CLEVELAND (AP) - A Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for more than a decade has pleaded not guilty to 512 counts of kidnapping and 446 counts of rape.

Ariel Castro previously pleaded not guilty to charges contained in a 329-count indictment.

The 53-year-old Castro entered a plea Wednesday on an expanded, 977-count indictment. The judge continued his bond at $8 million.

She repeatedly told Castro to raise his head and keep his eyes open during the brief court appearance.

The earlier indictment reflected only part of the alleged crimes' time frame. It contains aggravated murder charges alleging that Castro purposely caused the unlawful termination of the pregnancy of one of the women.

The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old. Each said they had accepted a ride from Castro.

He has been jailed since his May 6 arrest.

»Comments

More News

National
Story Photo

4 hours ago

3 Alarm Fire in Boston

Eleven people hurt tonight when an explosion, knocked a house off it's foundation in Boston, in the Dorchester area. It may have...

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

14 hours ago

Rain & Snow On The Way

A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 6 PM tonight until 4 AM Thursday for Teller County, the Rampart Range (including...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4