News

Jul 30, 2012 9:40 AM by Craig Eliot

Not as hot today...better chance for storms

TODAY: Not so hot today with a better chance of storms! A cool front will pass through eastern Colorado as the days goes-on and increase the chance for thundershowers for all of us! Storms are actually likely later today and this evening over Teller County/The Rampart Range as well as northern El Paso County/Monument Hill. Pretty good chance in Colorado Springs and over the Wet and Sangre de Cristo Mountains at 40%. 30% chance for Canon City and Pueblo & Pueblo West. 20-30% chance for Walsenburg, & Trinidad and by this evening we'll see even a 20-30% chance for La Junta and Lamar.

TONIGHT: Storms early then clearing skies and cooling temps.

TOMORROW: Tuesday will be another day of mild temps....very close to highs today. The difference between today and tomorrow will be the chances for afternoon and evening storms. Still a good chance over the mountains at 30-40%, but in Colorado Springs the chances will drop to 30% and only about 20% in Pueblo. Chances appear to be even lower on the eastern plains where our neighbors in agriculture desperately need the moisture.

WEDNESDAY: Temps will warm across our area and chances for storms will go down even a little more. About a 30-40% chance in Teller County, 20% chance in the Springs to only about a 10-20% chance in Pueblo and a minimal chance on the plains.

THURSDAY: Toasty with a storms or two possible again. 20% chance around the mountains and foothills....chances at the lower elevations along I-25 and to the west will only be 10% or less. High temps in the lower 90's in Colorado Springs and upper 90's in Pueblo.

FRIDAY: Temps right around the highs on Thursday, but the chances for storms will stay slim-to-none at the lower elevations. Couple of stray storms possible over the mountains, but they will be few and far between.

SATURDAY-SUNDAY: There is another weak cool front on the air so we expect both days to be slightly milder than the hotter temps Friday. Highs should drop back into the 80's in the Springs and the lower 90's in Pueblo. When it comes to storms....the better chance for afternoon convection will be on Saturday. 20-30% chance over the higher elevations, 20% chance for the Springs and Pueblo. Slightly lower chance for areas out on the plains.

Have a great week!

 

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4