Jan 12, 2011 3:31 PM by Greg Boyce
Students at Craver Middle School in Colorado City got an unplanned field trip this morning when they noticed the smell of natural gas inside their building.
The school's staff and about 170 students evacuated the building and headed to the clubhouse at a nearby golf course. They were able to make the trip on foot. It happened around lunchtime, so pizza was delivered to the clubhouse and they were able to eat there.
The gas company and the fire department checked the building and couldn't find any evidence of a gas leak. The students were allowed to go back to their school shortly after noon.