Oct 11, 2013 5:40 PM by Jordan Mason
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - In its inaugural season, the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) will be honoring four players each week with an award: Offensive Player, Defenseman, Rookie and Goaltender. Now the league is adding one more award to that list: the NCHC Fan of the Week.
No longer will only players be recognized on a weekly basis, but also the passionate and dedicated NCHC fans that make the gameday atmospheres in each of the league's eight arenas so great. The NCHC is asking fans to post pictures or video showing their best pride and school spirit at games or on gameday to the NCHC Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TheNCHC) or tweet them to @TheNCHC and/or use the hashtag #NCHCFan on Twitter.
Throughout each weekend, the NCHC will share some of the best pictures/video on Facebook and retweet some of the top photos/video on Twitter. Each Monday, the league will then choose the fan that submitted the most spirited photo or video (creativity counts!) and they will be recognized on social media as the NCHC Fan of the Week.
Each Fan of the Week winner will receive an NCHC t-shirt, hat or comparable NCHC gear. At the end of the regular season, all the NCHC Fan of the Week winners will be entered into a drawing with one Fan of the Week receiving two complimentary tickets to the inaugural NCHC Championship Weekend March 21-22 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn.
In addition to the NCHC Fan of the Week promotion, the NCHC will have a presence on social media each day during the week, using the following schedule:
· Monday - NCHC Fan of the Week/Players of the Week announcement
· Tuesday - Trivia - test your hockey knowledge!
· Wednesday - #DidYouKnow - learn fun and interesting facts about the NCHC, its teams and players
· Thursday - Throwback Thursday - see old images from NCHC teams and current NHLers from when they were in college
· Friday - Gameday information/Behind the scenes/Score updates
· Saturday - Gameday information/Behind the scenes/Score updates
Be sure to "like" the NCHC Facebook page and follow @TheNCHC on Twitter to get the latest news and information, as well as stay connected and engaged.
3 minutes ago