Weather - KOAA

Feb 3, 2011 4:48 PM by Bea Karnes

Natural gas warning: keep meter and vents clear

Snow or ice buildup on natural gas meters, or vents on top of homes, could cause a dangerous buildup of natural gas or carbon monoxide inside homes.  That dire warning was issued today by Xcel Energy, which urged its customers to inspect meters and vents.

If you have snow or ice on your meter, it's recommended that you remove it carefully, to prevent damage to the meter.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4