Feb 6, 2014 5:43 PM by Andy Koen
PEYTON - A mobile home fire in Eastern El Paso County was a total loss Thursday. Dispatchers were first called at 10:40 a.m. to respond to the fire at a home at 17390 Jones Road.
Unconfirmed reports suggest the fire was started by an ignition or explosion of a hot water heater. The structure was still smoldering three hours later. No injuries have been reported.
Crews from the Falcon, Peyton, Black Forest, Donald Westcott and Ellicott fire districts all responded. According to property records filed with the El Paso County Assessors office, the 76 foot mobile home was built in 1981 and owned by Melvin and Shirley Kanzlier.